Your rights as a patient are:
- Be informed of your rights as a patient in advance of, or when discontinuing, the provision of care.
- Exercise these rights without regard to race, sex, cultural, educational, or religious background or the source of payment for care.
- Receive considerate and respectful care, provided in a safe environment.
- Remain free from seclusion or restraints of any form that are not medically necessary.
- Coordinate your care with physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Receive information from the physician about illness, course of treatment, and the prospects for recovery in terms that you can understand.
- Receive information about any proposed treatment or procedure as needed to give informed consent or to refuse treatment.
- Have a family member or representative of your choice be involved in your care.
- Full consideration of patient privacy with regards to consultation, examination, treatment, or surgery.
- Confidential treatment of all communication and records pertaining to patient care.
- Access to information in your medical records within a reasonable time frame, when requested.
- Leave the facility even against medical advice.
- Be informed by a physician or designee of the continuing healthcare requirements after discharge.
- Examine and receive an explanation of the bill regardless of payment source.
- Be advised of the facility's grievance process.
- Have all patient's rights apply to the person who has legal responsibility to make decisions regarding medical care on behalf of the patient.
- All facility personnel performing patient care activities observe the aforementioned rights.
- Provide accurate and complete information concerning present complaints, past illnesses, current medications and dietary supplements, hospitalizations or any other health-related issues.
- Make it known whether the planned surgical procedure/treatment risks, benefits, and alternative treatment have been explained and understood.
- Follow the treatment plan established by the physician, including physician instructions given by the nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Keep appointments or notify the facility and/or physician in advance, if unable to do so.
- Accept full responsibility for refusal of treatment and/or not to follow instructions.
- Assure that the financial obligations of your care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- Be respectful of others in the facility: providers, staff, and other patients.
- Provide responsible adult to transport you home from the facility following surgical procedure.
Our goal is to provide you with high quality care and ensure you and your family are comfortable and completely satisfied. If you feel your needs have not been met, please contact Heather at (770) 252-7510 immediately.
If you feel that your concerns have not been adequately addressed, please see the following contact information.
Complaints Against the Center:
Office of Regulatory Services
Attn: Complaints Unit
2 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Complaints Against the Physician:
Composite State Board of Medical Examiners
Attn: Enforcement Unit
2 Peachtree Street, N.W., 36th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303
Complaints Against Nursing Staff:
Professional Licensing Boards Division
Georgia Board of Nursing
237 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217